Fulya Anıt whose thesis I refer to has a master degree from Çukurova State Conservatory.
Fulya Anıt thinks that for the wind instrument players there are some other techniques that are required for any healthy person.
Sports like fitness, running, jogging, tracking and swimming are constructive skills to develop the body functions for a non-wind instrument player. Instead of doing sport there are focused exercises for the latter:
– To run the stomach’s muscles lay back and pull knees towards your stomach. It should be done 100 times every day.
– Stand against a wall and lean your stomach upon the wall. Try to push yourself by using muscles of stomach.
– To feel diaphragm lay down back and put something heavy such as a book or an iron on your stomach, inhale and exhale into diaphragm.
– Lay face down and rise arms and legs up.
– Inhale to diaphragm very deeply and sing “ssss” very quietly. Extend this exercise from 10 seconds to 60. So it helps to use the air more economically.
– Fill half of a glass with water. Take a pipe and exhale into the glass. That makes bubble. Not to stop that bubbling effect fill your cheeks with air and while exhaling inhale at the same time. Be careful not to stop bubbling.